AI image generators.
AI image generators are computer programs that use artificial intelligence algorithms to create digital images that look like they were produced by human artists. These generators can be used for a variety of applications, such as creating original art, generating realistic landscapes, and designing products.
One of the most popular types of AI image generators is the Generative Adversarial Network (GAN). GANs consist of two neural networks: a generator and a discriminator. The generator creates images, while the discriminator attempts to distinguish the generator’s images from real ones. The two networks are trained together, with the goal of producing increasingly realistic images.
Another type of AI image generator is the Variational Autoencoder (VAE). VAEs use an encoder to map images into a lower-dimensional space, and a decoder to map the lower-dimensional space back to images. VAEs can be used to generate new images by sampling from the lower-dimensional space.
AI image generators have numerous practical applications. For example, they can be used to create realistic images of products that don’t yet exist, allowing designers to preview how a product will look before it’s built. They can also be used to create synthetic data for training machine learning models, which can help improve the accuracy of those models.
In addition to practical applications, AI image generators are also being used for creative purposes. Some artists are using GANs to create original art, while others are using them to augment their traditional art practices. And because AI image generators can produce images that would be difficult or impossible for humans to create, they offer new possibilities for artistic expression.
Overall, AI image generators are an exciting area of research that offer numerous practical and creative applications. As AI algorithms continue to improve, we can expect to see even more impressive images generated by these systems in the future.
What are the most popular AI image generators?
- RunwayML: RunwayML is a platform that allows users to run a variety of machine learning models, including AI image generators. Users can choose from a range of models, such as GANs and VAEs, and use them to generate new images.
- DeepArt.io: DeepArt.io is an online AI image generator that allows users to apply artistic filters to their own images. The filters are based on famous art styles, such as impressionism and cubism.
- Artbreeder: Artbreeder is an online AI image generator that allows users to generate new images by combining and evolving existing ones. Users can choose from a variety of styles and themes, and the resulting images can be saved and shared.
- This Person Does Not Exist: This Person Does Not Exist is an AI image generator that creates realistic images of people who do not actually exist. The images are generated using a type of GAN called a StyleGAN.
- GANBreeder: GANBreeder is an online tool that allows users to combine and evolve different GAN-generated images to create new ones. Users can choose from a variety of starting images, and evolve them by selecting and breeding the most interesting ones.
My personal favourites are: